Mastitis and Blocked Milk Ducts
Mastitis or blocked milk ducts can be extremely painful and distressing when trying to care for your baby. Some of the milk banked up behind the blocked duct can be forced into nearby breast tissue which causes the tissue to become inflamed.
- Tender or painful lumps in your breast
- Areas of redness or warmth in your breast
- Flu like symptoms and feeling unwell
What To Expect
- Comprehensive assessment to establish your goals and treatment plan
- Education regarding breast feeding habits and positions
- Self management strategies to help reduce the pain at home
- Therapeutic ultrasound and drainage techniques
How We Can Help
Our individual consultations help to reduce your pain and educate on positive breast feeding habits to help reduce the likelihood of it recurring.