Back and Neck Pain
Back and neck pain can occur at any stage in our lives but it is very common during pregnancy and in the postpartum period.
In pregnancy there are a lot of physiological changes in the body. As you gain weight from the growth of your baby and in the breasts this can change the degree of curvature in your spine. This leads to an increased load through areas of the spine causing pain.
In the postpartum period, with breastfeeding and the demands of caring for your baby resulting in a lot of bending and lifting, you can be placing pressures on various areas of your spine causing pain.
- Ache or sharp pain in your lower back or referred pain into your bottom muscles or legs
- Ache or sharp pain in your upper back or bra strap region towards the end of the day
- Headaches or aching in your neck or shoulders especially during or after breastfeeding
- Pain in your lower back or neck disrupting your sleep
What To Expect
- Comprehensive assessment to establish your goals and treatment plan
- A personalised full body exercise program
- Education of correct movement habits when caring for your baby
- Posture awareness and education
- Hands on treatment for the muscles and joints of your spine
How We Can Help
Our individual consultations help to reduce your pain, improve your movement habits during pregnancy and caring for your baby, strengthen your whole body and educate you on safe exercises.