Endometriosis affects 1 in 9 women and can lead to extreme pain, infertility, and reduced quality of life. Endometriosis is a condition in which tissue similar to the lining of the uterus grows outside of the uterus, commonly found on the ovaries, bowel, fallopian tubes. This endometrial like tissue acts like normal endometrial tissue and bleeds and breaks down with each menstrual cycle. As this endometrial like tissue is not able to be excreted like a normal endometrial tissue, it leads to scar tissue and adhesions.
- Pain around ovulation and menstruation
- Pain during or after sex
- Pain in the pelvic region, lower back, hips, and legs
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction and pain
What To Expect
- Thorough examination of history, symptoms, and goals
- Comprehensive movement screen to identify muscle weakness or tightness that could be contributing to symptoms.
- A personalised evidence-based home exercise program
- Targeted exercise prescription
How We Can Help
Our individual consultations help to identify the cause of your pain and to provide you with education and safe exercises to reduce your pain and symptoms.